This project focuses on documenting, through art, the trials and tribulations of Canadian soldiers.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

IMP Art 2

While I continue to paint on IMP boxes I'm reminded about why I started. When I was in Afghanistan I had plenty of paper but it was really tough to paint on with all the dust and wind. Sperwan Ghar is very windy and when out on a patrol, I decided to sketch one of the soldiers. The IMP box was handy and I found it was easier to paint and draw on in those conditions. It was also something I could give to the soldier (which I did). I kept doing more and even today I find it an easy (and relevant) medium. My goal to share my art with soldiers and regiment hasn't changed, and by far this is the most popular medium. Every soldier gets it.

Brian McKenna, Afghanistan

No comments:

Post a Comment